Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

Today was Fathers Day.  I really don't like Fathers day for a couple reasons.  I do like the opportunity that it is to show my own father how much I love him, and how appreciative I am of everything he's given me. He's the best guy I know.  He's done so much for me.  

Fathers Day is rough for me, though.  It is hard (this is selfish I know) for me to see all the wonderfully happy fathers marvel in the company of the people they love absolutely most in this life because I know the odds of knowing that feeling are low.  

My perfect mother had our perpetually large family over for dinner tonight.   One of the dozens of people in attendance tonight was of course my Grandpa, being the starter of this entire side of the family.  I always have a good time with my family.  I have come to recognize as of late how unique and beautiful my family and extended family is.  We are all so close and loving for each other.  

As the night went on, reality kept smacking me in the face.  A haunting video of only myself kept replaying over and over again.  A clip of loneliness and yearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment