Friday, September 17, 2010

The Dream

I'm standing alone in an endless hallway with two doors on either side of me. I'm wondering what lies behind both doors, and slowly move to the door to my left. Nervously and slowly I open the door, peaking in, anxious to see if what I want lies within. I leave the hall and make the leap into the unknown. I am immediately overwhelmed with warmth, fulfillment, and contentment. I'm outside now, and standing at the beginning of a beautiful garden with the tallest hedges I've ever seen. I realize quickly that these hedges are designed to be a maze- I cannot see the end of this beautiful garden, but I crave the feeling I get while I'm here; love and happiness. I explore the maze for a few minutes appreciating, as much as I can, how I feel

I'm standing alone in an endless hallway with two doors on either side of me. Knowing now what's on the left side, I creep over to the opposite door. The same anxiety as a few minutes prior flushes over me. The door is open now and I step into the largest, emptiest, coldest room I've ever seen. The room goes on for what seems like miles, but I can see the end. I can tell that the room is cold, until the end where I see warmth, and fulfillment. Unlike the maze, I'm by myself, but I can see the end of this journey. I begin to explore this room and start walking towards the emptiness ahead of me. I come across a giant canyon stretching from the left side of the room to the right. This canyon was unseen at the beginning, and has a bridge going across it. For some reason I know that once that bridge is crossed, I cannot come back.

I'm kneeling alone in an endless hallway with two doors on either side of me, begging for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment